NETSIL AOC: Overview¶
Welcome to the Netsil Application Operations Center (AOC) Documentation.
Universal Observability and Monitoring for Modern Cloud Applications
This documentation will walk you through NETSIL AOC's key features and help you set up the AOC for your cloud environment.
Please follow the instructions in the collectors installation guide to setup AOC for your cloud environment.
See Everything with Auto-discovered Application Maps¶
Think “Google Maps” for your cloud applications
- Create and share maps by filtering and grouping hosts & containers by tags and traffic attributes
- Search and Discover services and their dependencies
- Monitor real-time traffic flow between all internal and external services
- Time Travel to compare past behavior, for example, before and after deployments
- Out of the box maps for popular platforms such as Kubernetes (pods & namespaces) etc.
Stay One Step Ahead of Performance & Reliability Problems¶
Maps help eliminate hotspots by pinpointing issues across services and infrastructure
- Key Performance Indicators such as latency, throughput are available on the services and their links for API calls, DB queries, DNS queries, etc.
- One-click Drill-down into the complete health metrics for services and infrastructure
- Table View to sort and identify slow queries, high demand API calls, etc.
Monitor Every Component with Metrics from the Entire Stack¶
Comprehensive collection that gives you fastest time-to-value
- Packet Capture and Analysis to monitor performance of service interactions
- Leverage SSLSplit for observing encrypted traffic
- 70+ Application Integrations with JMX, NGINX, MySQL and many more, for metrics such as heap size, thread counts, connections, etc.
- Custom Metrics, using statsd, for code-level insights
- External Service interactions performance analysis such as latency of AWS RDS, DynamoDB queries or DNS errors in Route53 lookups
Alert On Metrics That Impact End Users¶
Keep a close tab on key metrics and get notified before critical issues occur
- Latency, Error and Throughput alerts before end users experience slowness or errors
- Alert Templates to define the rules once and reuse across multiple similar services
- Scope Alerts on user defined groups, on tags and attributes, or globally
- Pagerduty, email or webhooks integrations for alert notifications
Accelerate Troubleshooting with Powerful Analytics¶
A powerful query-centric interface and a low-latency query engine to get to answers quickly
- Analytics Sandbox to explore and visualize metrics and save results as alerts or dashboards
- Extensive Filters and Group-By options to analyze data from multiple dimensions such as pod names, host names, or protocol attributes such HTTP URI, MySQL Query Types, etc.
- Out-of-the-box Dashboards for all popular systems such as HTTP, MySQL, DNS and also for frameworks such as Kubernetes
- Dynamic Drill-in from the charts to segment and analyze data from multiple dimensions
Ability to self-host Netsil AOC for secure monitoring¶
- Easy Installation on AWS, Azure, GCE, Kubernetes, Docker and more
- Self-hosted or Managed cloud deployment options
- Zero-Ops with containerized deployment, built-in self-healing and one-click upgrades
- Multi-tenant and RBAC for granular access controls to data
- Single sign-on for integration with your identity management solution
Ready to get started and gain complete visibility into your application? Please follow the instructions in the collectors installation guide to setup your Netsil AOC installation. For self hosting AOC within your cloud environment, please follow the instructions for self-hosted AOC.